Teamspeak 3

Moooo whatever you like in here...
KOF
Web-Cow

Post by KOF »

Snooooop wrote:what is true? TS3 sounds more like real life, and TS2 sounds good. There ya go
And that is your personal opinion. Mine is different from that :)
*|DTF|*Seti_Sniper
Master Spammer

Post by *|DTF|*Seti_Sniper »

well imo the sound is okay in TS2

and about "oldish" look-use... well i just click on the server name i want to logon and thats all i need ! in total 2 clicks from my friends.
so i dont wanna change just becoz of new looks and other push-bottoms

sorry to say but TS2 do the job and i dont miss anything about it, so i stay 4 a while with #2
*|DTF|* Seti_Sniper
http://www.danishtaskforce.dk
!! The more U know, The more U doubt !!
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

what is true? TS3 sounds more like real life, and TS2 sounds good. There ya go
KOF
Web-Cow

I guess opinions differ

Post by KOF »

I'm not a huge fan of TS3.
In my opinion the sound is not as good compared to TS2.

But other ppl say that sound in TS3 is better. So what is true ?
Dunno, but due to my opinion I stick to TS2 for now.

Moooo
KOF
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

your missing out then.....install it and check it out. I think its a bit more streamlined and easier to use. TS2 seems kinda old to me so who knows. And that collection isn't nerdy its badass!
*|DTF|*Seti_Sniper
Master Spammer

@Snoop: well the TS3 ain't much used in the community where i come.... so i stay "put" so far.... and for same reason i haven't even installed it yet.
As far as i c/hear it, the change are so small that we dont get the mass hysteria about "change change change".... if u get my point ;)

@Vellu: hehe nice collection.... but maybe a bit nerdy ;)
*|DTF|* Seti_Sniper
MrVeLLu

Post by MrVeLLu »

The guy who knows the answer to that question sits in front of this computer:

He might have the problem of choice if he ever needs one of those...
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

so are we moving to TS3 or what? I like it, and TS2 is kinda old. Would be nice if we could inaugurate the server with some game playing(all of us at once????) maybe even the same game! even kinky toys would be ok
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

i like it too, voices sound much better...sounds like your in the same physical room as the other person
StarSoft
Web-Cow

Post by StarSoft »

Little update on this: I like it.
Ts3 feels really smooth and runs smooth. The sound is very crispy and clear. Although the thoughts about this differ.
We are used to the sound TS2 gives us so it is hard to compare as we don't really know how we sound in real life as well as we know how our voices sound over TS.
Personally I think TS2 gives some kind of phone sound quality where TS3 gives a more natural sound. But KOF tells me otherwise. So in the end it comes to a matter of oppinion which sounds better.

The app is very extended, many options and many of them I have no idea what they do... manual anyone?
I have the feeling the voice activation works better then in TS2. There it will result in less accidental breathing in the mic where it gets activated.
The only downside is some metalic/robot sounding voice sometimes. We tested some codecs and qualities but can't really determine if it's the codec or the connection. It's still beta so let's hope it gets fixed.

The server can be a bit hard to setup. There are many things to keep in mind there. The permission system is extended, very extended. This is good when you know exactly how to set it up, but I don't really know all the options.

TS3 also has some kind of FTP server build in it. Ppl can upload files to the server where others can download them again. Kinda useless tbh I rather would see a p2p file transfer which wouldn't add extra load to the server and the server connection. The file transfering can be disabled, limited to speed or quota per user. So they did take some abuse prepurcautions so that's good.

Many configurations for the server happen though the serverquery system which is basicly a telnet login where you must use commands to change settings. There is a web manager in devellopment which will make it easier to modifiy settings.

Well this was my little impresion of TS3. Like I said, I like it better them TS2, even with the robot/metal voice thing. By in the end it comes on to what most ppl will use as the client is not compatible with the old TS2 server.
StarSoft
Web-Cow

Post by StarSoft »

Even though my normal computer has terrible connection problems, the server still works (i think).
I put up a server so you can test it.
same IP as TS2,
port: 9100,
pw: mu

The permission system is very complicated so i didn't try to change that stuff too much yet. When i can i will give some ppl rights so they can play around with the settings.
KOF
Web-Cow

Teamspeak 3 has arrived

Post by KOF »

Teamspeak

Now we have to get a server running to really know if it is better then the old (still good) one.

Grt
KOF
KOF
Web-Cow

Post by KOF »

Hmmm what has happened to cowradio ?
Is it gone to all the bad reviews ? :)

Regarding resources:
Isn't that what they did, reprogramming it so it is 'better' software ?

Regarding adding more shit to it:
True, true and true
I compare it to XFire. Also a lot of BS which is not needed.

But I'm eager to test TS3. I'm almost sure that quality can be improved in such a long development time !!!

Mooooooo
KOF
*|DTF|*Seti_Sniper
Master Spammer

well donno !! TS2 really do the job and honestly the sound are good enough for normal speaking ! i know it suck when u have "CowRadio" on ;)

and i cant see what they should come up with which will make a big difference.... except they just wanna be new !!

I would make the proggy smaller and less resource taking..... thats the way forward, not adding more "shit" to it
*|DTF|* Seti_Sniper
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

woohoo, sounds good to me