ATI 5970

Moooo whatever you like in here...
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

ok, went to Microcenter yesterday and picked up a waterblock for my 5970....dunno when i will install it though, now i can shut up that fan. Only downside is my computer doesn't put out as much heat to warm up my room
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

well well well.....i got a reply on my service ticket again for my card. In it, they said i should try turning off catalyst AI....i did that and lo and behold the flickering isn't there anymore. Interesting
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

noooo....i put an identical XL2370 in and it still flickers. I put a 20" LCD and no flicker.....the company(XFX) wants me to send in my card for them to test out.......they are in California, i'm in Georgia......that will take forever :( im about to try a 24" Acer LCD and see what happens, but if that doesn't work then i will hafta send it in................
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

i NEVER saw it on my old video card, but then again i got this monitor after i bought the card......im sure its the card because in windows it doesn't flicker at all
StarSoft
Web-Cow

Post by StarSoft »

Now you only need a diff videocard to test your monitor...
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

ok, i have the 19" CRT on now and i dont see any flickering.....hmm the plot thickens
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

hmm i will hafta see if i can get some video of it. My dad has the same monitor as this one, i put that on and it still does it. I'm gonna try a CRT monitor now to see what happens. The only reason i thought of the power supply was because that was the last thing i replaced. I didn't notice the flickering before i changed it out either. Supposedly ATI is working on new drivers to fix problems liek mine.

I will change to another non LCD monitor now to see how it goes. I'll post back after i do.
*|DTF|*Seti_Sniper
Master Spammer

Post by *|DTF|*Seti_Sniper »

hmmm not sure what to say, but i tdont think its the PS.... i had problems with our Gfx due to the PS, but it crashed the whole PC due to underpowered.
flickering sounds more like a bad connection

could you "grap" a video clip of 20-30 sec's which shows the problem so we could have a look at the problem ??

PS: have u noted the temp. on gfx and cpu ??
*|DTF|* Seti_Sniper
http://www.danishtaskforce.dk
!! The more U know, The more U doubt !!
KOF
Web-Cow

Post by KOF »

Hey Snoop
Not nice for you to have all those problems.

Unfortunately I cannot give you any help in solving it.

Good luck
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

well ****........lately i have noticed my screen flickering alot, which i originally blamed on the HDMI hookup. Last night i finally went and found a dvi cable to put in. It seemed fine at first but now its flickering........

Next i hafta get my other monitor and hook it up to see if its the card or the monitor.....im thinking its the card tho :(
Although i never really noticed the flickering until i got the newest ATI drivers and changed my power supply.....

I wouldnt think it was the power supply because the one i had before didn't have a dedicated 8-pin PCI-E plug. On my old power supply i was using a 4-pin molex to 8 pin PCI-E. I hope it isn't that though. I spent 300 on the monitor, 700 on the video card, and 220 on the power supply.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thats what i get for saying i love my card i guess :(
*|DTF|*Seti_Sniper
Master Spammer

Post by *|DTF|*Seti_Sniper »

gl :)
*|DTF|* Seti_Sniper
http://www.danishtaskforce.dk
!! The more U know, The more U doubt !!
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

It's coming tomorrow!!!!!!!!! I will be bringing my computer to work so i can get it installed :) Will let ya know how it goes
KOF
Web-Cow

Post by KOF »

Now you got good quality for that extra 60 $ !
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

oh yes mr wise and wonderful KOF, i did click your link again and saw the card that i bought.....it cost 60 more then the rest but hey, i have it!
KOF
Web-Cow

Post by KOF »

Guess my link wasn't that bad :)

Have fun with it !!