Heggis and his Gunpowder on his table

Moooo whatever you like in here...
7th
Sp.Cows

Post by 7th »

There is nothing like the smell of Gunpowder and an Overclocked CPU... It smells like Victory...
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

Heggis wrote:But that's like doing it easy! Thats not the cow way!

Oh wait... that was exactly the cow way... The pig way was not to do it cow way... :lol:

What if the bubble would be made from an inert gas like neon or helium. With helium you could make funny voices after done reloading...

hmmm speaking of bubbles makes me think of this...

and do you see any of those guys reloading at their computer desk? NO!
Heggis

Post by Heggis »

But that's like doing it easy! Thats not the cow way!

Oh wait... that was exactly the cow way... The pig way was not to do it cow way... :lol:

What if the bubble would be made from an inert gas like neon or helium. With helium you could make funny voices after done reloading...

hmmm speaking of bubbles makes me think of this...

Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

be better if you just loaded in a vacuum....Problem solved
Heggis

Post by Heggis »

What if there were a bubble of air... in case of "explosion" the bubble would collapse and water would extinguish the flames. Prolly gonna need a bigger bathtub but that's a small price to pay for safety!
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

Heggis wrote:And reloading needs to take place underwater... just to make sure...Oh and since we're dealing with water no electricity anywhere on the house so you have to go outside and cut the powercable.

Then you can reload using candlelight... oh wait that's really dangerous... maybe flashlight... then again here we go again with the electronics... Can't use sunlight cause we all know what happens with sunlight and magnifying glass. There might be an imperfection in the window...

Reloading can take place at full moon at moonlight, just beware of werewolves... :roll: :twisted:
now your getting it! but doing it underwater would be counter productive, since i seem to remember that water and gunpowder don't mix too well...
Heggis

Post by Heggis »

And reloading needs to take place underwater... just to make sure...Oh and since we're dealing with water no electricity anywhere on the house so you have to go outside and cut the powercable.

Then you can reload using candlelight... oh wait that's really dangerous... maybe flashlight... then again here we go again with the electronics... Can't use sunlight cause we all know what happens with sunlight and magnifying glass. There might be an imperfection in the window...

Reloading can take place at full moon at moonlight, just beware of werewolves... :roll: :twisted:
KOF
Web-Cow

Post by KOF »

Now we're talking !!! :D
Kosanderi

Post by Kosanderi »

Gun powder & electronics... not good.. :(

How about the usual combination? Gunpowder in garage with cars, bikes, drills, milling machines, lathes, grinders, paints, gazoline, oil etc. with the usual once-in-a-year-if-even-that-cleaning would be so much better... :roll:

The more I think about this the more I get the feeling that the best place for reloading is bathroom. :lol: Hell yeah! You could use all that wasted time sitting there reading a newspaper to make more rounds. Perfect! :idea:
Big Bore Club - Bigger Is Slightly Better...
StarSoft
Web-Cow

Post by StarSoft »

Snooooop wrote:something just still seems wrong about gunpowder next to electronics....but hey, its not like it's my ass on the line :)
Edited it for you
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

something just still seems wrong about gunpowder next to electronics....but hey, its not like i know a damn thing about it :)
Heggis

Post by Heggis »

Did I cover my ass too well or what's up with the silence...

Come on, I was waiting to get some spammin done here 8)
Heggis

Post by Heggis »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtMP1-dn7d8

Btw there is a videoclip that a friend of mine took when he tested burning rates between H110 and N110... That is a big chunk of powder and not couple of crums... Just see the explosion...
Heggis

Post by Heggis »

I know you mean well so no hard feelings. ;)

But...

Have you ever seen how fast the (modern) powder burns (yes burns not explodes) when ignited in open space?

The reason "back in the blackpowder days" explosions occured was the powderdust which was in the air, floor, everywhere in the storage facility (along with wooddust and coaldust which are rapid burners too). That explodes... or burns really rapidly. Note the word dust...

Now we're talking about few grams (at maximum at one time) of powder in solid form and not dust. Do I clean up the desk after I'm done reloading. Yes. So there are very very very few powder grains (not weight but pieces of powder) on the table that could potentially ignite. And when I'm working with the powder I don't throw the powder around so it spreads everywhere. It goes very precisely from the container -> drippler -> weighting -> casing via a funnel -> directly to bullet seating.

And just in case SHTF (for what ever reason), I got a fire extinguisher in my room that can be sprayed to electrical devices too withoutdanger of electric shock to myself.

Btw the graphite on the powder is not to protect the powder when poured from the container but to slow down the burnrate of the nitrate when ignited so you get different burnspeeds for different powders.

You can use common sense when doing stuff. Not doing stuff overprotectivly doesn't mean you're stupid... You just have to be aware what the heck you are doing and act according to it and take measures what to do if something goes wrong.
*|DTF|*Seti_Sniper
Master Spammer

Heggis and his Gunpowder on his table

Post by *|DTF|*Seti_Sniper »

Sry but have to bring this up in a new topic for Heggis sake !!
Heggis wrote:..... The powder is not gonna blow up in a mushroomcloud from typing the keyboard...
Ever heard of ESD Hegggis ? :shock:

ESD Controlled Environment
Static electricity has been an industrial problem for centuries.
As early as the 1400's, European forts were using static control procedures and devices to prevent electrostatic discharge igniting gunpowder's and other explosives.

Examples of Typical Voltage Levels
Means of Generation 10-25% RH 65-90% RH
Walking across carpet 35,000 V 1,500 V
Walking across vinyl tile 12,000 V 250 V
Worker at bench 6,000 V 100 V
Poly bag picked up from bench 20,000 V 1,200 V
An electronic device sliding in a plastic container 12,000 V 3,000 V
Raise from chair with urethane foam 18,000 V 1,500 V

Take a look at the two last here !!
Specially the "An electronic device sliding in a plastic container"
What is a mouse on a mouse pad next to Gun powder ?? ..... make a guess !!

What do you think about the monitor next to the keyboard and a mouse flying over the table(pad),
and your self just placed your body in the chair,
after walking across the room with your plastic coffee cup in your hand?
Make a guess !! ..................
welll a nice fuse !!

So if you wanna keep on having gunpowder on your desk..... u might wanna go here: http://www.rdmoney.com/esd_keyboard.htm

and maybe reading this would help you to understand better : http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/book/0780353889.excerpt.pdf
(or Google is your friend.... in this case your life-friend)

Data taken from the Hodgdon H110 datasheet in chapter VII. REACTIVITY INFORMATION:
... Yes, can ignite die to static discharge.

Now you might if you studied the problem say: "but hey its coated with graphite so prevent this problem"
Yes your right ! BUT this is so that the powder itself dont make static electricity when you pour it out of the container (which btw is also made out of an anti-static material) But!!! it dont prevent the surroundings making static elec.

Last ! I really dont understand that you never heard about this or take this seriously when you do so much in the gun-powder work.
You might hurt yourself one day !!

I write this in love to a good friend i have in the hight north !!
*|DTF|* Seti_Sniper
http://www.danishtaskforce.dk
!! The more U know, The more U doubt !!