weird computer problems!!

Moooo whatever you like in here...
Kosanderi

Post by Kosanderi »

Well I have almost same kind on computer that you snoop.
I have the specs at my xfire profile, with Gainward 7950 & Intel 6700E & 3 HDD's in RAID 5. At the moment my GC driver is 93.71 & it seems to run quite good...

The thing is that I'm not sure if you're PSU can run that computer if you have few HDD's & couple of DVD-drives... Atleast I don't think that 480 meets the value of recommendation. GF7950 is a sucker for power.

Anyways. It would boot the whole system if that would happen. Running out of power I meen. And then again - I know absolutely nothing about these things, so just spamming again...

With SLI on I have found few bugs in older games like thermal doesn't work in RVS, but nothing really serious..
Big Bore Club - Bigger Is Slightly Better...
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

mooo!
well, i tried to run it solo, by turning off multi gpu in the control panel and rebooting....well, that didnt go well AT ALL! and when i rebooted, my screen started artifacting or w/e its called when theres a bunch of gibberish on screen. That wasnt good.
Heggis

Post by Heggis »

One solution I found was...
Ran DriverCleaner in safe mode (which of course also ripped out my mobo drivers, but I sort of expected that and planned ahead), and did a fresh install of the last drivers which worked with SLI for me (91.31); so far so good. Still, I am loathe to think that I am stuck not being able to update my video drivers again!
But seems to be a common problem has come up with the latest version of nvidia drivers (93.71)... And the problem is in the SLI... So waiting for possible fix from Nvidia... When? No idea. So try that snoop or then run without the sli as in the other gfx disabled :(
Heggis

Post by Heggis »

Well quick googling came up with two different possibilitys for causes. One was faulty driver incompability and the otherone was conflicts with SLI and RAID.

Can you send the screenie to me henri@perfect-s.net
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

Post by Snooooop »

ok,

Gigabyte 965p-ds3 mobo
MSI 7950GX2 vid card
E6600 processor
2 gigs of Gskill DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
226BW LCD 22" monitor

Antec Neo 480W power supply (which im kind of suspicious of)

My comp screws up without any overclocking, but if i overclock my memory slightly, the vid card doesnt come up at all.

and yes the 8800GTX is calling my name......

i have a pic of the error i get but i dunno how to post it on here

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)
Monty_BROz

Post by Monty_BROz »

Told ya Snoop,

you are holding back with the 8800 GTX the computer lashes out at you.

Get moving.

grtz. Monty :)
rastapopoulos
LOL

Post by rastapopoulos »

yes, specs, and most important, the drivers causing the blue screens, especially that unknown driver you spoke of

/moo
Heggis

Post by Heggis »

Give all your pc speks. How big power supply, how many harddrives/cd/dvd etc... Might be that you are running out of power or that your videocard is faulty or there's some setting wrong in the bios or just something else... :?
Snooooop
Sp.Cows

weird computer problems!!

Post by Snooooop »

ok, when i initially start my computer after its been shut down, my MB posts fine, and everything comes up...once windows starts up, the blue bar moves across a few times, then the whole thing freezes.

Then my display blacks out and my monitor light flashes for a bit, then the computer restarts

after it restarts, it goes all the way till it says " boot windows in safe mode, safe mode with networking, blah blah, start windows with last known good setting, and start windows normally.

If i select start windows normally, it loads up windows, and doesnt freeze at all. When i get into windows, 50% of the time it says windows has recovered from a serious error, then it brings up the report and either says an unknown driver has caused it, or my display driver has caused it. Ive tried 2 completeley different drivers for my video card and it still does it. The only other thing it says is drop the accelleration (everythings at stock) anyways, any of you have any ideas???

Mooooooooo!

and no blaming it on intel