Fun time

Moooo whatever you like in here...
Heggis

Estonian Open 2008

Post by Heggis »

Hello from Estonia!

Me and Kosa are shooting little IPSC competition called Estonian Open 2008 and we (me) will be writing a report as the competition goes ahead.

We're staying in a 4 star hotel called Ulemiste Hotel

Few pictures...

Hotel ouside

Our room

Babys sleep on the bed, we sleep on the floor...

View from our room

More pictures will come tomorrow evening after the first competitionday.
MrVeLLu

Post by MrVeLLu »

Excellent compilation! Wish I had one from my entire RvS career :) RvS is a frag spamming festival compared to COD4. Didn't remember how big part of the game it was.
Kosanderi

Post by Kosanderi »

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Last weekend we played probably the last RvS-cup for us and I made a compilation of the matches. Since NumbNuts was playing with us I thought you might want to see it. Anyways 20 min 30 sec & 268 mb. :twisted:

The Video: 507MiniCupEN.wmv
Mirror: 507MiniCupEN.wmv
thnx Xc & Heggis
Big Bore Club - Bigger Is Slightly Better...
Heggis

Post by Heggis »

Bored of always wondering where to put those .22lr pistol magazines. Well there is a easy mod for it...

Take the competition rig, insert another plastic insert with a small bolt and voila :)

http://heggis.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Guns/Brown ... 1.jpg/full
Kosanderi

Post by Kosanderi »

Yeah, such a shame. They don't have a clue what they are talking about. The worst part is that some of these ppl have been shooting since the ice age & supposedly know something about it. Unfortenately some other idiots are listening. It would be funny to see them doing it, but they don't even bother(=dare) to try it.

yeah, it's a whole other thing & what scares the crap out of them is the fact that practical shooting is the fastest growing sport shooting sector in Finland.
*|DTF|*Seti_Sniper
Master Spammer

Post by *|DTF|*Seti_Sniper »

well the "not so serious shooting" part we see here in DK too
lot find the shooting like "circus shooting"
*|DTF|* Seti_Sniper
http://www.danishtaskforce.dk
!! The more U know, The more U doubt !!
Kosanderi

Post by Kosanderi »

Yeah, even though Heggis' performance was filmed a lot better... :wink:

Finally got the rest of mine uploaded. Since I have very limited amount of webspace I decided to add all of them to youtube.

These films were quite nice, but I'm looking forward to get some footage from Estonian Open. This competitition had a shot count of 92 shots(or something). Estonia will be 400+. :twisted:

We have IPSCFIN working under SAL(main shooting organisation in Finland) too. Can't say that it would be working as well as it could. For some reason the main ppl in SAL don't consider Practical Shooting as a serious competition shooting like the normal wait-ten-minutes-and-fire-shooting with small bore & air guns. Well at first sight Practical might look quite weird, but once you get into it - there is no return.

Anyways it was fun & educating as usual. Still lot's & lot's of practice to do.
*|DTF|*Seti_Sniper
Master Spammer

ahhh that waas where the videos came from !
yeaa nice lftehand shooting as i wrote ! i could for sure not hit a shit whit my left !

So you guys really got into the IPSC ! Nice
We took the danish IPSC org. in under the DSkydU for two years ago (Main danish shooting org. under ISSF)

For those who have no clue what IPSC is about, go here and click "what is IPSC"
http://www.ipsc.org/

ISSF http://www.issf-shooting.org/
*|DTF|* Seti_Sniper
Heggis

Post by Heggis »

Yeah must say again this competition is always so much fun. It is the starter of the season so you get the extra weight off for the next competitions :) As Kosa said we hadn't had much chance of training but in this you could clearly see which one has better basic technique :?

Anyways my little story about the competition and the screw-ups :D

Stage 6 <-- note link to a vid of a big fellow trying to move fast :D
This was the starter stage. Unlike Kosa, I went the stage through as I planned. Although would have been smarter to shoot one target from a different place. But this is something to learn... as always :D For me as I am not that good shooter it takes me time to find the speed of shooting where I feel comfortable. In this one I went a bit too fast considering it was the first stage of the day. The miss came from the second shooting position and the last shot. I saw that the last shot was just a bit wide and "trusted" that it would hit the target. Well was wrong there, stupid mistake that cost a lot.

Stage 1
This was a basic short course with targets in a bit different distance. In the video you can clearly see how my 6th shot goes high. Again still pushing too fast and propably gun wasn't properly in hand. Oh well we learn again the meaning of proper grip and calling the shots...

Stage 2
Our third stage was little bouncing here and there and in my mind this was a rasist stage... Big/tall people were in big disadvantage... Easier for those midgets like Kosa... :roll: But all in all I am pleased with this stage, no misses :D

Stage 3
Ahh the feared weakhand shooting... I actually got to practice this stage. On the first try I pulled the rope too hard so that one of the targets almost dropped. This was lucky for me cause I couldn't get a proper sightpicture and lost a lot of time there. On the second try got a good sightpicture right away and blasted a decent time for me, considering last time I shot my gun with weakhandonly was 11 months ago :D Oh yeah and got max hit points from this round too... and in the open class I had 3rd best hitfactor :)

Stage 4
Stage 4 was like Kosa said a bit weird but these things happen... Nothing special in the round except the stupid mistake of shooting at the 2nd and 3rd target too many times. Lost a lot of time there.

Stage 5
At this point I wanted to have some fun. I was supposed to switch from a long magazine to a long magazine but "accidentally" took a short mag from my belt and had to conserve my ammunition :/ 16 shots in the end and had only 22 rounds :/ Was supposed to have 29 :) Oh well didn't stop me from working the triggerfinger in the end though :twisted:

All in all the match went pretty good. Few bigger mistakes to learn from but nothing major and I'm starting to build confidence in my pistol that it can work well. Unlike last summer :(

Picture of a Prommersberger...
Pricetag... only 4350?... with 1 magazine :D
Kosanderi

Post by Kosanderi »

Ok,

Although I promised some pics & video about Saiga I don't have them now. Been bit busy with my pistol & some other stuff. Anyways I have something else for you:

Last sunday Heggis & I participated in Hyvink?? Pistol Match. The prognosis wasn't too shibby since we had been occupied with a IPSC basic course for the last 2 weekends & had time to practise very little. Saturday we had a chance to test our reloads to match and the needed power factor was 160(= bullet weight(grain) * bullet speed(feet/second) / 1000 = PF) for bigger points. Heggis was happy with he's results, but I was getting results like 157-158, so I needed to do some reloading & go to the match with untested cartridges. Nice.

The second thing that I found out that evening was that the compensator attached to the barrel of my gun was loose. I unscrewed it off & cleaned the barrel & the compensator. After that I installed it back on with some loctite & hoped for the best. I had no chance to test the gun before the race neither. Very nice.

Once we got to the match they informed that they wouldn't be testing PF that day. Atleast if my new reloadings were not working I could switch back to those old ones. :twisted: Luckily I didn't have to, since even though those new reloads were bit too hot they worked rather well. Heggis & I were in the same squad and started in the stage 6 - the last one & the 2nd biggest in the competition with 120 points. Since the there were only 2 big stages the value of the one we started was about 26% of the competition. It was also the only one with moving targets, so we could of been a bit luckier on that matter. On the other hand - it could of been a lot worse.

Usually in IPSC-competition shooter want to start on a medium 10-16 shot course, where are not that many points available since the first performance of the day is hardly ever the best. Also difficult stages that include weak hand shooting & such are not that popular at all. But one has to start somewhere. Like said - the first one is hardly the best was proved by Heggis, who missed one shot there. One missed shot already cut's down 15 points from the maximum points. I did quite well on that one by shooting slowly, but accurately(at least in my standards).
Stage6

The following 3 stages were all worth of 40 points. By shooting well these stages you can't make so much difference that you could win the match, but by failure you can loose it quite easy. One missed shot on a stage like this costs 36 % of the points you could get on it.

Anyways Heggis was still obviously feeling sleepy since he missed one shot again on the next one. Bad karma. Right before I started to shoot this stage I somehow strained my other knee. It wasn't that bad - I could walk & even run - but I couldn't get it straigth because of the pain. Running hurted too, but not that bad. I guess it's gonna be ok by the end of the week. Anyways I shot this stage quite well too. Decent time & all hits. No video of this one. Why not? - Ask Heggis!

That knee-thingy couldn't of come at the worst time. Next stage we shot was a stage where the shooter had to go prone while shooting. So once again I did that slow & accurate thing. Heggis also had woken up & got he's best % so far. Well, because of the size of Heggis, it was to be expected that he wouldn't be too fast on this one neither.
Stage 2

The fourth stage was a good one for Heggis. It was the feared 8-shot-with-weak-hand-only-stage. he got a good time & good hits. The bad thing about it for Heggis was that it was only a 40 point stage. The same thing got to be a lucky strike for me, since I missed one there. definately something that I need to practise more.
Stage 3

Following came stage 4 - the one we shot as fifth. 70 point stage that wasn't built completely in the spirit of Practical shooting. Normally targets can be engage where they are visible. On this stage it wasn't quite like that. Like many others I was confused by it. There were 2 targets that could of been shot from elsewhere, but had to be shot from that position(safety reasons I guess). I lost some time while being mixed up there. Heggis on the other hand remembered that detail & got it right. Even with my sore knee I was able to move bit faster than heggis & got that lost time back with interest at the end.
Stage 4

Last but not least was the biggest stage of the competition. 30 shots & 150 points. The starting position was face against a wall that was covering 7 targets behind it. 4 had to be shot from the left & 3 from the right side of that wall. After a short run there were 8 more targets to engage in 2 groups. On this stage heggis got 8 points better result than me, but he's time wasn't as good as mine so he didn't get as good hit factor(points/time) as I did.
Stage 5
To your question - yes, every round was a hit 8) .

At the end of the day I was tired & my knee was killing me + Heggis & few other guys were riding with me, we decided to drive home as soon as possible. Later that evening I got the infomation that I had finished up 3rd & heggis was lucky number 7. Not a bad sign for our Open-team that is still missing one shooter who still hasn't got his pistol from the gunsmith. He's gun is gonna be customed by one of the best 2011-gunsmiths Karl Prommersberger & all I can say is: XIIIIIIIT! :lol:
Last edited by Kosanderi on 29 Apr 2008, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Kosanderi

Post by Kosanderi »

Last sunday it was time to take the first smokes out of Saiga. Seemed to me that the Shirstone was a good choise on the rifle. Unforetunately I didn't have any of my own reloads with me so there was no chance to test the absolute accuracy. The cartrige I used was bulk stuff by Sellier & Bellot with berdan primers & it was quite - hmm bad.

The accuracy was so week that I didn't even bother to take the speed-o-meter out of the car. Something like 25cm@150 meters with a rough set of 30 bullets. Someone could also tell those idiots that they could use smokeless powder with their cartrigdes. "We have the technology!" obviously they used some really slow burning gun powder. Because of this I didn't have to adjust the gas block that much. After 3 fast fired shots it was impossible to see the target clearly, since there was so much smoke between.

There was also one other thing I was afraid that could cause problems. Once I took the rear sight off I found out that there is nothing else covering the rear of the gaspiston from above. Well, no need for that in my use, but it also keeps the flue gases down in the rifle. This was also one reason that made the visibility bit week since all of the gas coming out from there was straight in front of the scope.

Well, perhaps next week I'll have a testshoot video&pics for you. In case I have the time & I probably will have it, I'll reload some different kind of cartrigdes too.
Kosanderi

Post by Kosanderi »

This will be installed to Saabism by the next time Heggis will be on board. 8) & since I'm very, very, very allergic to the smell of garlic I'll also have a snorkel attached to the side window for heggis to breath. Or then again - he could take the bus. :twisted:
Heggis

Post by Heggis »

a) That's my line!

b) Kosa "forgot" to take his Coca-Cola iv with him so he was shaking all over the place...

c) as my alter-ego Ach-hhhh-med would say: He has GAS! Saddams mustardgas was nothing compared to a Walter fart.
Kosanderi

Post by Kosanderi »

I'm innocent...
*|DTF|*Seti_Sniper
Master Spammer

nice pic kosa

Now i know why you have that bad grouping Heggis !!
if i had Kosa in my........ i would hit darn shit :oops:
*|DTF|* Seti_Sniper